Why we need the $5 fee for your prescriptions
On some occasions we have customers ask us if they can skip paying the $5 fee for their prescription. This is kind of like asking your local café to pay for your morning tea or coffee. Here’s why…
It may surprise you to learn that we don’t keep that $5. It goes straight to the government to partially reimburse the original subsidies on the medications theybuy (via PHARMAC). And some medications are very expensive.
If we don’t collect the $5 prescription fee from our customer we still have to pay it to the government. No exceptions. So we need to collect the fee otherwise it comes out of our pocket. With the amount of customers we serve each day that would soon add up. We hope this clears things up and that we’re simply doing what we’re told to do.
On the flip side there are many ways our customers save with us at Unichem Marina Pharmacy. We offer:
- great specials in store every month
- great promotions in the Unichem catalogues
- fast turnaround on your prescriptions (time is money)
- qualified advice on small ailments, saving on doctor visits
- Fly Buys points on all purchases.